February 8, 2010

Forty Foot Echo (2003)

Forty Foot Echo is a personal favorite of mine from a few years ago. Once again, this is a find via Pandora.com. By now it's probably obvious that I love the site. Unfortunately if you live outside of the USA, it's not available.

Multiply hooked me, Drift reeled me in, and Beside Me is definitely my favorite track off of the record. Unfortunately the band broke up after some complications with the record company, though Murray Yates (vocals) reformed it with a completely new line up and they released their follow-up album Aftershock. I think this is one of the few bands I've come across that their music still sounds great despite drastic changes.

Also, they're Canadian. Just thought I'd throw that out there.


Sample Video: Brand New Day

No comments:

Post a Comment