December 1, 2009

Imperative Reaction: Ruined (2002)

One of my favorite bands lately is Apoptygma Berzerk and being late to the party I didn't know until a couple weeks ago that their new album came out this year. I gleefully listened to it and enjoyed it immensely, then decided I wanted to look into more music like it.

Imperative Reaction is similar perhaps in the electronic elements and style, but the tone is much darker. Now I'm not going to say I know everything ever about ebm and futurepop, but I will admit that the moment I listened to Severed off of this album, I fell in love with it. I couldn't turn it off. Actually, I still can't turn it off. I even have it playing right now while I'm typing this.

I've seen a couple people say that the vocals sound too bland but I have to give that a polite 'shut the hell up'. Given the genre and style, I find that they go very well with the beat.

All and all, if you're a fan of the darkelectro and industrial, I'd go for it.

Sample Video: 'Severed (System Syn Mix)'

No comments:

Post a Comment